This is the Newsletter shared on the 14th of October. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/newsletter
The week starts quite hot (not meaning weather). We got to know that Holaluz is planning on doing an IPO by the end of November. We will keep you posted about that!
Flying cars is not just a sci-fi idea but also a big business. German flying car startup Lilium has been talking to investors about raising a huge funding round sized between $400M and $500M. If they succeed, they could join the unicorn club as Grammarly has recently done. join Grammarly having unicorn status.
The HR management software Factorial has just launched its brand new app to improve the relationship between companies and employees. This, together with its recent announcement of its partnership with Signaturit makes it for a very solid product!
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #109: Entrepreneur and investor at Y Combinator
In this week’s podcast, Helena Torras talks about her learnings at different life experiences. She is an entrepreneur and an investor with a large experience in the startup sector having raised funds several times for different companies.
Helena explains her experience at the cloud-management platform Abiquo and how startups should do business with corporates. We also discuss the business model of B-Wom, her femtech startup, check it out!
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Quipu, the definitive solution to manage your business. Manage, invoicen and administrate your professional activity from a single place and with the help of a professional.
New funding for startups
- [SWE] Sustainable self-driving vehicle startup Einride secures $25M
- [UK] Cell therapy startup Mogrify raises €14.5M
- [BCN] Sales platform Whisbi raises €5M
- [BCN] Edtech startup World Mastery secures €3M
- [BCN] Barcelona-based biotech startup VEnvirotech raised €2M
- [MAD] Lunch delivery startup Apeteat raises €1M
- [MAD] Employee wellbeing management startup Erudit AI raises €500K
Random tech news
- NatWest to trial biometric credit card.
- Sony confirm the PlayStation 5 will be released around Christmas 2020
- Adobe is cutting off users in Venezuela due to US sanctions.
- Facebook’s Libra Association crumbling as Visa, Mastercard, Stripe, and others exit.
- Apple bans app that warns Hong Kong citizens about police activity.
- Your boss can read your Gmail drafts.
- Google’s free coding tool for beginners lands on desktop.
- Bonus: A real-time 3D digital map of Tokyo’s public transport system.
- Sugar & Fat in your Diet – October 17
- HR Master’s Glovo – October 22
- Public Speaking Club – October 29
- AI & Blockchain Summit (pitch competition) – November 19-21
- Graph DB meetup – December 17
Work with us
Find out about more vacancies at itnig.net/jobs.
At Factorial, we are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join us radically changing the compensation management.
At Quipu, we are looking for a Marketing Intern willing to improve how companies run their businesses.
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Talent Aquisition internship to join our rapidly growing team.