This is the Newsletter shared on the 23rd of September. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/newsletter
The European startup scene is clearly growing and France wants to lead it. Macron has just announced an investment of €5B in French startups. Some European economies are getting ready for Brexit and that will affect the stock exchanges so better learn to predict it, it’s easier than you think!
A couple of news agitated last week news. To start off, Airbnb announced it will go public next year after WeWork delays IPO dropping valuation in half. Additionally, Stripe raised an additional $250M and now the payment company is worth over $35B!
Oh, and before we jump into other topics, this week we have interviewed Oscar Pierre, CEO at Glovo to discuss their skyrocketing growth! Check it o
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #107: Glovo’s complete story with Oscar Pierre CEO at Glovo
In this week’s podcast, Oscar Pierre, CEO at Glovo, explains the full story of the company and how it was about to collapse 3 times. The company has raised around €350M in just four years and we asked how that affected him and Glovo itself.
Oscar opens up and explains some hacks on how Glovo is growing and how it’s planning to expand in the near future following the strategy of becoming market leaders everywhere they land!
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Camaloon. Design and produce promotional items for your next marketing campaign. Create customized presents in the easiest way with excellent quality. Camaloon, passion for printing.
New funding for startups
- HappyOrNot raises €22.6M in employee feedback solution
- Bilbao-based startup Lookiero raises €17M
- Sustainable food delivery service Cortilia raises €8.5M
- Lavanda raises $5M to legitimize short-term renting market
- Ability Pharma raises €3,5M from Inveready and others
- Barcelona-based fintech Mitto has raised €2M
- Morgage comparison startup Trioteca raises €1M
- Barcelona-based hospitality startup Amenitiz raises €620K
- Barcelona-based coding school CodeOp raises €320K
Random tech news
- Airbnb to become a publicly-traded company during 2020.
- Uber lays off 435 people across engineering and product teams.
- Fintech company Stripe joins Silicon Valley elite with $35B valuation.
- Apple and Foxconn confirmed they broke a Chinese labor law.
- Instagram is restricting posts that promote weight loss products.
- Google says it wasn’t sexist to give its voice assistant a female voice.
- Twitter discloses another 10,000 accounts suspended for fomenting political discord globally.
- Stepping up Product Design – September 26th
- Rising Growth Marketing Trends – October 3rd
- HR Master’s Signaturit – October 9th
- Deliver Better Products Faster – October 10th
Public Speaking Club – October 29th
Work with us
- At Factorial, we are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join us radically changing the compensation management.
- At Quipu, we are looking for a Graduate Sales Executive willing to improve how companies run their businesses.
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a BS Live Agent to help us retain clients and find new business opportunities.