This is the Newsletter shared on the 7th of October. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/newsletter
The Spanish startup ecosystem is sending mixed signs. On the one hand, the fintech startup Bnext raised $25M attracting 300K active users and processing €100M in transactions every month.
On the other hand, the fashion startup 21 Buttons is cutting on expenses, including firing employees, to change their strategic focus. It becomes true that no one knows what anything is worth!
Mark Cuban is a very successful investor, he recently assured he has “close to a billion dollars in Amazon stock“. If your startup is aiming at leading as Amazon does, check out our fund and boost your growth!
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #109: Entrepreneur and investor at Y Combinator
In this week’s podcast, Juanjo Mata comes to our studio to explain his experience as an entrepreneur and as an investor at Y Combinator, the most successful startup accelerator in the world. We are so curious to know how a Demo Day looks like at YC!
Juanjo’s life is full of interesting stories from working at Netscape (Mozilla embryo) to being COO at bringing Spanish entrepreneurs to Silicon Valley!
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Curve, the one card that unifies all your debit and credit cards and removes foreign transaction fees from all of them. Sign up with code ITNIG to receive a free €5.
New funding for startups
- Bird raises $275M at a $2.5 billion valuation
- Rapyd raises $100M for its ‘fintech as a service’ API, now valued at nearly a $1B valuation
- Grover gets €41M to take tech rental global
- Madrid-based neobank Bnext raises €25M
- SenSat raises $10M as investors back simulated reality tech
- Berlin-based medical cannabis startup DEMECAN raises €7M
- Galician startup Situm secures €3M for indoor location tracking
- Barcelona-based startup Acqustic raises €650K
Random tech news
- Yahoo engineer hacked 6,000 accounts in search of nudes.
- Iraq shuts down internet amid civil unrest.
- Paralysed man moves in mind-reading exoskeleton.
- Instagram launches its own Snapchat.
- Identifying a person through walls using only WiFi.
- PayPal may be getting cold feet over Facebook’s ‘cryptocurrency’ Libra
- Sit back, listen to Mars, and relax.
- HR Master’s Signaturit – October 9
- Deliver Better Products Faster – October 10
- Sugar & Fat in your Diet – October 17
- Public Speaking Club – October 29
- AI & Blockchain Summit (pitch competition) – November 19-21
Work with us
At Factorial, we are looking for a Fullstack Developer to join us radically changing the compensation management.
At Quipu, we are looking for a Customer Success member willing to improve how companies run their businesses.
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Talent Aquisition internship to join our rapidly growing team.