This is the Newsletter shared on the 9th of September. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/newsletter
As you may know already, Itnig and Syra Coffee recently opened a venue in Poblenou offering office space, specialty coffee, and event space. We didn’t have time yet to celebrate it with you so we will inaugurate the space on Wednesday, September 18 at 7 pm. Entrepreneur, if you wish to come, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diving into this week’s startup stories, a couple of news from WeWork this time. The coworking company might be worth just half of its former $47B valuation increasing its instability, so after the scandal, it’s CEO has given $5.9M trademark payment back to WeWork.
Oh, and if you are the kind of person that tells everything over a beer, you may want to check out this Friend NDA generator. Quite handy.
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #105: From a corporate to a startup with Dan Kragt CEO at Quipu
In this week’s podcast, we interview Dan Kragt, current CEO at Quipu. Before joining the Barcelona-based startup, Dan was leading TMF, the largest administrative agency in the world.
Bernat and Oriol base their conversation with Dan on how a startup can benefit from that expertise at a corporate level and how someone with a corporate background can fit into a startup. Check out it out here!
New funding for startups
- Canadian legaltech startup Clio raises $250M
- Madrid-based Soto Solar raises €100M to build solar panels
- Bellwether Coffee, ‘the fastest-growing company in coffee,’ raises $40M
- Paris-based Spendesk raises €35M for its spend management platform
- Exeter-based edtech startup Sparx raises €22M for its maths platform
- French startup Robocath raises €5M for its cardiovascular systems
- Home renovation startup Aquí Tu Reforma raised €650K
Random tech news
- Amazon’s shipping empire is challenging UPS and FedEx.
- Why phones that secretly listen to us are a myth.
- Stripe may disrupt the entire financial services ecosystem.
- Facebook leak contained information on 419 millions users.
- Facebook’s dating app is finally here.
- Most searched electric vehicles in each country.
- YouTube fined $170M for collecting kid’s data, but is it enough?
- SpaceX declined to move a Starlink satellite at risk of collision with an Eurpean satellite.
Events recommended 🎫
- How to get Relevant Traffic – September 10th
- Startup Grind BCN with Chad West, CMO at Revolut – September 17th. Use the code SGBCNLOVESSOCIAL to get a 40% off
- Inauguration Itnig Coffice – September 18th
- HR Master’s Signaturit – October 9th
Work with us
At Quipu, we are looking for a Marketing intern passionate about writing and willing to improve how companies run their businesses.
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a BS Live Agent to help us retain clients and find new business opportunities.