This is the Newsletter shared on the 2nd of September. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/newsletter
Coming back from holidays is tough. What if I told you that you can buy an island? This project allows you to even get the citizenship of the island if the crowdfunding succeeds. Interesting, huh?
If you are lost getting to know which companies are planning on doing an IPO, don’t worry, the list is not long. Ahead of WeWork, Cloudfare, and SmileDirectClub, the pipeline for IPOs is quite thin! In this sense, we just got to know that Ping, the online ID management company has filed an S-1 form indicating that it plans to raise up to $100 million in an IPO on the Nasdaq .
By the way, you may want to add some brilliant networking conversation starters as at Itnig we will host several events for techies and entrepreneurs. If you are interested in organising one, please, write me an email!
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #104: Digital Signature with Juan Zamora, CEO at Signaturit
In this week’s podcast, Juan Zamora from Signaturit shares with us who digital signature works. The Barcelona-based startup counts now with over 100 employees dedicated mainly to engineer a product that reduces the hustle of traditional contract signing.
Bernat and Jordi chatted with him to further understand how the technology works. They also took this opportunity to announce the new collaboration between Signaturit and Factorial.
This week’s podcast is sponsored by Codeworks, the most intense programming bootcamp in Europe in which you will learn JavaStipt and you will become a full-stack developer just 3 months!
Use the code ITNIG19 before the end of 2019 to get a 5% discount saving up to 500€. Choose the upfront payment plan, and benefit from the discount!
New funding for startups
- Gymforless becomes Andjoy!
- Venture-backed Modis Therapeutics acquired by Zogenix for $250M
- Enjoy Raises $150M for its mobile store with ex-Apple executive as CEO
- Insurtech startup Ethos raises $60M in GV-led Series C
- Used car startup Cazoo raises further €27.7M, bringing total pre-launch funding to over €60M
- VeganNation raises $10M to create a digital vegan economy
- Swedish insurtech Hedvig raises €9M
Random tech news
- Amazon’s Ring partners with more than 400 police forces.
- Tim Cook sells apple stock and the iPhone 11 launch event is almost here.
- Climate activists plan to use drones to shut down Heathrow Airport next month.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s account was hacked.
- Tesla says its ex-employee caused $167 million drop in its market cap
- Bezos and Musk’s satellite internet could save Americans $30B a year.
- Beyond Meat and KFC partner to test fried plant-based ‘chicken’
- What’s wrong about meetings.
Events recommended 🎫
- QueerJS talk – September 4
- How to get Relevant Traffic – September 10th
- Startup Grind BCN – September 17th. Use the code SGBCNLOVESSOCIAL to get a 40% off