This is the Newsletter shared on the 19th of August. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/newsletter
I know August is a tough month so let me give you a short recap of the recent startup and tech news.
If you are planning on creating your own startup and you are looking into accelerators, check out this list mentioning 100 top accelerators around the world. If what you need is investment, you can also check out our early-stage fund!
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #101: On-demand mobility with Gerard Martret – Shotl
In this week’s podcast, Gerard Martret, CEO at Shotl visits our facilities to get an in-depth analysis of the on-demand mobility sector.
Shotl is a family venture as the Martret brothers have started off the company together after their success building up Drivania, a with-chauffeur car rental service that targets high-end consumers.
Gerard explains how his fast-growing startup works and how he plans to compete with other international players. Check out the podcast:
New funding for startups
- London-based Babylon Health raises €495M to democratize healthcare in the US and Asia
- Compass Raises $370M as increasingly crowded real estate space heats up
- EV Cargo completes £150M debt financing
- Monday.com Raises $150M at $1.9B valuation doubling revenue from 2018
- Quanta Raises $48M in Series C funding round
- AgroSavfe raises €35M in Series C financing
- Munich-based digital wealth manager Scalable Capital raises €25M
- Berlin-based cryptocurrency bank Bitwala raises €13M
- Rotterdam-based travel tech startup Vakanties.nl raises €5M funding
- Strafe App Closes $3M seed round led by BITKRAFT Esports Ventures
- Málaga-based Predictiva raises €2.6M for its AI solution
- Alicante-based startup 1millionbot raises €1.5M to grow in Spain and LATAM
- Endurance Motive raises €700K to grow in Spain, Germany, and Italy
Random tech news
- Rockstar Games claimed GTA V was “culturally British” to reduce tax pressure
- Google bug-hunters find five vulnerabilities in Apple’s iMessage
- Uber fires 400 people as profitability doubts after I.P.O.
- Drones will fly for days with new photovoltaic engine
- Apple files a patent for a mixed reality headset that can track your facial expressions
- Immigrants and their kids founded 45% of US Fortune 500 companies
- Japan approves first human-animal embryo experiments
- Siri might be secretly sharing audio recordings with contractors
- Fortnite World Cup has handed out $30M in prizes
- GitHub starts blocking developers in countries facing US trade sanctions
- Tesla will deliver in-car YouTube and Netflix video streaming ‘soon
- The company behind TikTok is making a smartphone
Work with us
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Junior Sales Development Representative to further grow the German market.
- At Quipu, we are looking for a Graduate Sales Executive willing to further improve our product and change the way to manage companies.
At Factorial, we are looking for a Growth Manager to join our fast-expanding team