This is the Newsletter shared on the 29th of July. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/newsletter
Dear tech entrepreneur,
Big news doesn’t come alone so take a deep breath. Here we go!
This week, in our podcast 100, we interview Yassir Raïs, founder of Syra Coffee, who is rapidly growing a successful business in the specialty coffee sector. We at Itnig deeply believe in his project and we have decided to invest in accelerating its growth!
On top of that, Syra and Itnig are working on what we call Coffice, an office space that offers coffee for everyone. We will open doors on August 5th (Pujades 100, Barcelona) so make sure to pass by to try our coffee!
Oh, and a couple more news to start off the week. Sifted explained how to do PR in a startup – tip, don’t hire an agency before Series A. And if you have a B2B model, you may be interested in learning how to build your Lead Generation Strategy.
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #100: From 1 to 100 cafeterias with Yassir Raïs from Syra Coffee
We got to the podcast 100 already, and to celebrate it we have invited Yassir Raïs, founder and CEO at Syra Coffee. At Itnig we believe in the potential of his project and we are investing from the Itnig Fund to support its growth.
His claim is to democratise coffee, good coffee. He believes that specialty coffee should not be expensive but it should remain of outstanding quality. His success in his fist shop in Gracia (Barcelona) has encouraged him to dream big and scale the business to become the leader in the sector.
We compared the business to Luckin Coffee (over 1.700 shops) and Starbucks. Check it out here!
New funding for startups
- Mobile-First Trading Platform Robinhood Raises $323M In Series E Financing
- Gusto Raises $200M Series D At $3.8B Valuation To Power HR Within Small Businesses
- Retail Tech Shop Trax Raises $100M, Becomes Singapore’s Latest Unicorn
- Fintech Startup MoneyLion Raises $100M Series C, ‘Nears Unicorn Status’
- Mary Meeker’s Bond Capital Leads $100M Round In Insurance Startup Hippo, Crowning It A Unicorn
- Tile Raises $45M To Help The Modern World Find Its Darn Phone
- Fintech company Zeta raises close to $65 million from Sodexo at $300 million valuation to scale to Europe and US
- Swedish fashion startup NA-KD closes its Series B round at €65 million, with the extra €20 million for localisation
- HEAP raises $55 Million in Series C
- Kraków-based edtech platform Brainly scores €27 million from Naspers
- The healthtech startup Leuko raises $1.8M
- Catalan startup Picker raises €650K
- Allergeneat raises €200K in a seed round
- Bonus: The Collider just opened a call for talent
Random tech news
- Some of the keys to hire the best programmers.
- Netflix launches a 3$/month mobile only subscription in India.
- Norwegian will allow passengers to buy tickets using bitcoin.
- CERN is migrating from Microsoft to open source technologies.
- Hot weather is affecting Europe’s nuclear power.
- Using computer vision and AI to track buffet crowds on ships.
- These are the hours of day famous programmers get work done.
- You can now run SQL on ADN, with the right software and bio-chemical modules.
- The AI behind Nintendo 64’s Golden Eye.
Work with us
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Junior Sales Development Representative to further grow the German market.
At Quipu, we are looking for a Graduate Sales Executive willing to further improve our product and change the way to manage companies.
At Factorial, we are looking for Payroll Specialist / Técnico de nóminas to join our fast-expanding team