This is the Newsletter shared on the 15th of July. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/newsletter
Dear tech entrepreneur,
Last week was great for Fintech startups. We got to know that card-payment solution SumUp secured a $300M loan to finance its growth while the German neobank N26 has raised an additional $170M funding at $3.5B valuation. Also, the card aggregator Curve raised €49M and they partnered up with us for this week’s podcast!
The Apollo 11 turns 50, a project that might bring some insights for your own moonshots. Additionally, as entrepreneurs ourselves, we know sales is tough and being a team leader in the sales department is even tougher so Bernat wrote an opinion piece on what a leader should have.
Oh, and Camaloon also joined the last viral challenge, the #bottlecapchallenge. Check out their cool video!
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #99: From CEO at Rakuten to ABA English with Marc Vicente
In this week’s podcast, we are chatting with Marc Vicente who is currently CEO at ABA English, a startup focused on teaching English. He has also been at other C-level positions in companies like Akamon and Rakuten Spain.
Marc discusses some of his insights in the marketplace business and explains some of the differences he finds between Amazon, Rakuten or other companies like Alibaba or Cdiscount.
You can listen to the story of how Rakuten Spain was created here:
This episode is sponsored by Curve, the one card that unifies all your debit and credit cards and removes foreign transaction fees from all of them. Curve offers 1% cashback and retrospective switching of payments between cards. Sign up with code ITNIG to receive a free €5.
New funding for startups
- European fintech scale-up SumUp secures €330M loan to finance growth
- Fintech startup N26 raises another $170M at $3.5B valuation
- Icertis raises $115M to automate contract management
- TravelPerk raises an additional $60M in Series C bringing the total value of the round to $104M
- London-based fintech Curve raises €49M for its banking app that consolidates multiple accounts
- Legaltech startup ContractPodAi lands €49M
- The software solutions for insurers company, BriteCore received $47.5Mfunding
- Subscription recipe firm Gousto raises £40M
- Raisin picks up $28M backing from Goldman Sachs for its savings and investment marketplace
- Marseille-based Traxens closes €20M Series C
- Prontopiso raises €14M en Venture Debt led by Inveready
- Paris-based HostnFly raises €9M to manage 10,000 Airbnb rentals in France
- The Spanish startup Finizens raised $3.3M
- Dentaltix raised €500K from Cabiedes & Partners and Bewater Funds
Random tech news
- Elon Musk’s Neuralink is building tech to control computers with your mind.
- Amazon offers $10 to Prime Day shoppers who hand over their data.
- Ex-Microsoft dev used test account to swipe $10m in tech giant’s own store credits.
- Taking one flight emits as much CO2 as many people do in a year.
- We shouldn’t colonize Mars without knowing if aliens were there before us.
- Computer password inventor Fernando Corbató has died aged 93.
- This is one way Toyota plans to shuttle people around during the 2020 Olympics.
- Bug bounty programs are real if you find real vulnerabilities.
Product of the week 📼
The Ako Trike is an electric inverse leaning trike for two people
Work with us
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Junior Sales Development Representative to further grow the German market.
At Quipu, we are looking for a Graduate Sales Executive willing to further improve our product and change the way to manage companies.
At Factorial, we are looking for Payroll Specialist / Técnico de nóminas to join our fast-expanding team