This is the Newsletter shared on the 15th of July. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/
Dear tech entrepreneur,
Are you an Angel Investor? You may not be using your money right. Some people believe angel investments are meant for those willing to support ideas rather than purely making money.
EU-Startups just published a list of 10 mobility startups to look out for in 2019 and the sector keeps booming. For instance, last week, we got to know that Uber’s rival Bolt has closed a $67M round, but… wait! They are not the only Bolt startup that raised $67M last week!
If you want to get some insights from the mobility sector, we recently interviewed eCooltra and Yego from the electric scooter market.
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #97-98: The origin of Hawkers and ByHours by Christian Rodríguez
Christian Rodríguez is an entrepreneur with plenty of things to tell. In this week’s podcast, he tells us about some of his successes at Hawkers, Northweek and ByHours.
In 2011, Christian decided to setup ByHours, a company that allows users to book hotel rooms for 3, 6 or 12 hours. Since then, the business has grown and has become another success story from the Barcelona startup ecosystem.
Christian explains his businesses in detail and the conversation went longer than usual so when talking about the history of Hawkers, we decided to make a dedicated podcast so you can watch it fully at any time. Enjoy de Part 1 and the Part 2.
New funding for startups
- Brazil’s Creditas secures $231M from SoftBank
- AeroFarms raises $100M as investors rush to indoor farms
- Wind Mobility raises an additional $50M and unveils new e-scooter hardware designed for rentals
- Fever just raised another $35M led by Rakuten
- French AI tech company Sinequa raises $23 million from Jolt Capital and Troismer
- Catering app City Pantry acquired by Just Eat for £16M
- Finnish hardware startup IQM raises more than €11M in seed funding to take quantum computing to the next level
- Berlin proptech startup Wunderflats has secured €8M in funding
- Barcelona-based startup LexGo App raises €330K from Akola and IESE investors
Random tech news
- Amazon, Microsoft wage war over the Pentagon’s ‘war cloud’.
- Drones will supply car components in Seat factory.
- Facebook heralds its ‘superhuman’ poker-playing AI.
- Mac Zoom Client allows malicious website to enable your camera.
- Flaws in hospital anesthesia and respiratory devices allow remote tampering.
- Apple Updates Air, Pro Laptops, Kills off the MacBook.
- Instagram now asks bullies: ‘Are you sure?’
- AI trained on old scientific papers makes discoveries humans missed.
- London is tracking passengers on the Underground.
Work with us
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Junior Sales Development Representative to further grow the German market.
At Quipu, we are looking for a Fullstack Developer willing to further improve our product and change the way to manage companies.
At Factorial, we are looking for a Labour Relations savvy Intern to grow our Operations team.