This is the Newsletter shared on the 8th of July. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/
Dear tech entrepreneur,
If the beginning of the week drives you crazy, you might be waiting for a new self-driving car. This technology is quite the present rather than the future and some investors don’t want to miss it out as proven by the Japanese startup Tier IV that just raised a humongous Series A of $100M!
App developing companies must be happy as app revenue is up by 15% in the first half of 2019 compared to last year’s. The Apple Store continues to be the king with $25.5B spent in 6 months in contrast with the $14.2B in the Google counterpart.
Oh, and if you are new to our newsletter you might have missed the 5 mega-deals that made Q2 2019 a record-breaking quarter for European startups. More to be expected soon as e-ventures raised $400M with $175 million going to its Europe-focused investment arm.
– Itnig’s team
Podcast #96: Model Management Online with Andreas von Estorff
Andreas von Estorff is a German serial entrepreneur based in Barcelona that has built his career around the model management business. In this week’s podcast, he explains how he built some of his companies like Casting.net, a marketplace for models, actors and other artists.
His current project is ModelManagement.com, a website that has built a community that connects clients that need to find a model and people that want to perform as models, being or not professionals. He shows numbers and events tell us how much a model can earn per shooting!
Check out the podcast here:
New funding for startups
- India’s newest unicorn Ola Electric revs up with $250M
- Solar cell producer Oxford PV closes €74 million Series D round
- Euro e-scooter startup Dott raises €30 million from EQT Ventures, Naspers Ventures and others
- Paris-based logistics startup Cubyn raises €12 million
- Deepki raises €8M to enter the Spanish market
- Podimo raises €6M to become Europe’s ‘Netflix for podcasts’
- Ironhack raises raises $4M led by JME Venture Capital
- InnoUp Farma opens up a 1M€ round to develop a vaccine against food intolerances
Random tech news
- How did Adam Neumann turn WeWork into a $47 billion company?
- A Unicorn Lost in the Valley, Evernote Blows Up the ‘Fail Fast’ Gospel.
- Scaling from 2,000 to 25,000 engineers on GitHub at Microsoft
- DNA data storage is closer than you think.
- Drone swarm spray painting a jumbo-size graffiti mural.
- Top VPNs secretly owned by Chinese firms.
- A beginner’s guide to AI: Supervised and unsupervised learning.
- How big biased datasets make social inequalities worse.
Product of the week
Meet “It’s Ok” the first Bluetooth cassette player and recorder.
Work with us
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Junior Sales Development Representative to further grow the German market.
At Quipu, we are looking for a Fullstack Developer willing to further improve our product and change the way to manage companies.
At Factorial, we are looking for a Labour Relations savvy Intern to grow our Operations team.