This is the Newsletter shared on the 1st of July. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/
Dear tech entrepreneur,
We hope you didn’t melt after a really hot weekend! We brought some fresh news to fight against the thermometer.
Neobank startups seem to be the golden pot of entrepreneurship as we got yet another astonishing figure from Monzo, which doubled valuation to $2.5 billion. But fintech doesn’t have just one leg and Freetrade, the European Robinhood, raised last month £1M via Crowdcube at £18M valuation. They did it in 1 minute and crushed the site… and this week they have raised £3M at £42M valuation! That’s nuts!
– itnig’s team
Podcast #95: Investing in MÁSMÓVIL with Ignacio Fonts – Inveready
This week we’ve interviewed Ignacio Fonts, Managing Partner at Inveready, one of the first early-stage investment firms in Spain. This VC fund is especially interesting as they have pioneered in many fields successfully.
Inveready’s most notorious investment is MÁSMÓVIL, the telecom company that has become a superstar buying bigger companies like Yoigo. Ignacio opens up and explains some of the toughest situations of the company and how a VC firm can support in such hard times.
No doubt this is one of the most educational podcast so far!
New funding for startups
- British fintech Monzo doubles valuation to $2.5 billion
- Carbon Raises $260M to scale its light-driven 3D printing tech
- Data center chip startup Fungible closes $200M Series C
- Commonwealth Fusion Systems closes $115M Series A to accelerate the path to commercial fusion energy
- Palma-based biotech company Sanifit closed €55M round led by Caixa Capital Risc
- Belgium-based Showpad raises $70M for cloud-based sales tools
- Urban tech startup Venn raises $40 in Series A round
- Dutch digital top-up startup Creative Group secures €22M
- Madrid-based Bipi closes €6.5M in Series A lead by Maniv Mobility
- Munich-based 42CAP closes new €50 million fund for seed-investments in European B2B technology startups
Random tech news
- Twitter will hide rule-breaking politicians’ tweets.
- NASA is prepping a 2026 mission to Titan to find the origins of life.
- Microsoft is about to shut off its ebook DRM servers: “The books will stop working”
- Hans Zimmer is composing the sound for BMW’s electric vehicles.
- Google Maps is the new search destination, but it’s not always reliable.
- Bitcoin has quadrupled in value in six months.
- Debugging your startup.
- Bonus: the science behind the best chocolate chip cookies.
Work with us
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our fast growing team.
At Quipu, we are looking for a Fullstack Developer willing to further improve our product and change the way to manage companies.
At Factorial, we are looking for a Labour Relations savvy Intern to grow our Operations team.