This is the Newsletter shared on the 24th of May. If you wish to receive newsletter faster, you can subscribe here: https://itnig.net/
Dear tech entrepreneur,
Slack’s first days in the stock exchanges have been crazy and just on the first day, they jumped from 26$ to over 40$ per share. The American company has a very promising future and is currently valued at $23B, any bets on its valuation in a couple of years from now?
Investments in Europe have matured quickly and as Cabiedes mentioned in our podcast, investing in copycats is more than a good option (and he is not alone in this belief). So… maybe your business also needs competition to thrive.
In another part of the universe… Pizza robots are getting into the business. The Paris-based startup Pazzi just secured a €10M funding round to launch its first restaurant with robots instead of chefs making pizzas!
– itnig’s team
Podcast #94: Media in a VC firm with Jaime Novoa
Jaime Novoa is especially known in the startup sector because of his job with the Novobrief newsletter, and more recently at the VC firm, K Fund.
He never aimed at being a journalist nor an investor. He just started writing posts for his own blog and for others out of passion and soon created the Novobrief brand. After a while, he decided to sell the blog but kept the newsletter which still he curates himself.
In our conversation, he explains to us how it is to work at an early stage fund and how he slowly turned into an investor.
New funding for startups
- Slack Sets Reference Price At $26 Per Share
- Collective Health raises SoftBank-led $205M Series E.
- Photography Platform Meero raises $230M In France’s Largest Series C To Date
- Druva Raises $130M for Cloud Data Protection, Becomes Latest SaaS Unicorn
- Paris-based PayFit raises €70 million to revolutionise European payroll
- German real estate investment platform Exporo raises €43 million to expand to neighboring countries
- Housell cierra una ronda de 12M€ con el apoyo de Cerberus and Axel Springer
- Paris-based pizza robot startup Pazzi raises €10 million and plans to launch its first restaurant
- The traveltech startup Pangea raises €9M to expand in Bilbao and Valencia
- Idealista purchases Tercero B completely for a total of €5M
- The Catalan startup Vottun raises €500K to grow its business in Spain
- Flash buys the Spanish startup Koko for an undisclosed amount to lead the electric scooter market in Madrid
Random tech news
- Meet Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency.
- Genius lyrics site accuses Google of lifting its content and proves it by examining the apostrophes.
- Why Mazda is purging touchscreens from its vehicles.
- Slack stock jumps on first day of trading.
- Amazon launches car rental business in Spain.
- Walmart is using AI cameras to catch thieves.
- Niantic’s new game based on the Harry Potter universe goes live.
Work with us
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Junior Sales Development Representative for the Dutch market to join our fast growing team.
At Quipu, we are looking for a Fullstack Developer willing to further improve our product and change the way to manage companies.
At Factorial, we are looking for a Labour Relations savvy Intern to grow our Operations team.