Dear tech entrepreneur,
How fast is the European ecosystem growing? GP Bullhound just assured that Europe will have its first Titan in 2021, as Spotify and Ayden will be the first startups reaching a $50.000M valuation. If you are more into the Chinese market, these are some of the tech trends to watch in 2019.
Last week we published an interview with Oriol Marimon, eCooltra’s CEO to talk about mobility and the topic can’t be more relevant. It has been confirmed that Bird is buying Scoot and ACCIONA has entered the business with 1.200 motorbikes only in Barcelona. Oh, and you can suggest to us who else to bring to the podcast here!
And two extra tips. The madri+d foundation and F. Iniciativas have released a quick summary of financial resources for startups and if you are more interested in finding a job at a game-changing startup, you can take a look at our open positions!
– itnig’s team
New funding for startups
- Salesforce buys Tableau for $15.7B becoming the largest M&A deal ever.
- The financial planning platform Wave Financial is set to be acquired for $537 million CAD.
- Volkswagen leads a $1B investment in Northolt to create a massive battery.
- Infarm raises $100M to help shoppers harvest on demand.
- Fintech startup Brex raises $100M.
- Vectra raises $100M in a Series E funding round for AI-driven network security.
- Swedish startup Stillfront raises €46M.
- Paris-based Lifen raises €20 million to transform communication in French medical institutions.
- Ÿnsect gets €20 million from the European Commission for its new protein plant in France.
- Active.ai increases its Series A from InnoCells.
- The Barcelona-based startup Gamestry raises €300K from their first investment
Random tech news
- Adobe is working on a facial manipulation detection tool.
- Bitcoin causing CO2 emissions comparable to Hamburg.
- Boston Dynamics prepares to launch its first commercial robot.
- Amazon Spark shuts down.
- Explaining crypto with wardley maps.
- Huawei starts showing ads on smartphone lock screens.
- Spotify will finally have a Podcasts tab where you’ll be able to find ours.
Work with us
- At Camaloon, we are looking for an entry-level Human Resources Assistant to join our fast growing team.
- At Quipu, we are looking for a Fullstack Developer willing to further improve our product and change the way to manage companies.
- At Factorial, we are looking for a Plain Old Good Developer. Someone who can abstract problems and find solutions across the whole stack.
Find out about more vacancies at itnig.net/jobs