Dear tech entrepreneur,
We know that sometimes it’s hard to keep informed so we have filtered down some of the best startup and tech stories of last week.
SaaS startups have been the philosopher’s stone of entrepreneurship driving high margins and recurring revenues but the market seems to be a little bit skeptical. Last week, SaaS stocks dropped by over 5% in a single day, not just a company but the whole sector. Scary, huh? BTW, if you are one of those, you may consider getting repriced!
Booming leaders. The 30 under 30 list by FORBES is always interesting to check out but if you don’t want to miss some of the most influential raising stars, QVIXOTE LEADERS have just published their own list with 16 of the most disruptive entrepreneurs.
Oh, and pure tech. While Apple has been presenting its new cheese grater, we got to know that Barcelona is one of the cities chosen to host a supercomputing center financed by the EU. Additionally, Google has updated its Googlebot. No more server-side rendering?
And last but not least, we recently launched the itnig early starge fund looking for brave entrepreneurs and great projects to invest about €100,000. We accept projects in a rolling-basis so make sure to apply now!
– itnig’s team
Podcast #92: Sustainable mobility with Oriol Marimon (eCooltra CEO)
This week’s guest is Oriol Marimon, CEO at eCooltra, an electric motosharing company with 3-digit growth figures.
He has explained to us how their business works and what has led their company to close 2018 with an €8M annual turnover chasing the vision of reducing the use of private vehicles in day-to-day rides.
Oriol gives us some clues to better understand their business model and the challenges that eCooltra is facing as an electric motosharing.
Check the full podcast here: https://youtu.be/GKsK3tOpvEM
New funding for startups
- London-based mobile payment company WorldRemit raises $175 million in Series D funding
- Security-focused SentinelOne raises $120M Series D
- Fiverr, the Israeli online freelancer platform plans to raise $100 million at a valuation of $600 million, post-money.
- Depop secures $62 million in funding for their online fashion marketplace
- The British startup TrueLayer scores $35 million to expand its in and outside of Europe
- Manchester-based startup Matillion raises €31 million Series C to scale its data transformation software.
- CARTO acquires the Andalusian startup Geographica.
- Barcelona-based Onna Technologies raises €9.8 million for its internal enterprise search engine
- Madrid-based traveltech startup PANGEA raises €9 million.
- The fintech startup Verse closes a 7M€ seed round to expand in Europe
- German foodtech startup YFood Labs secures €4.2 million in Series A funding
- Spanish-American startup Cien raises $3.5 million
- Barcelona-based learning startup Learnlife raises €3.1 million
Random tech news
- V-shaped planesand in-wing seating to make aviation more sustainable.
- Youtube to remove videos pushing extreme views.
- Michelin rolls out “puncture-proof” airless tires.
- 7 absolute truths I unlearned as junior developer.
- Do IMDB reviews ratings suffer from recency bias?
- Xiaomi explains how its under-screen camera actually works.
Product of the week
DId you know that Audio Sunglasses were a thing? BOSE has introduced a pair of sunglasses with speakers built-in to shoot music right towards your ears. The company has promised incredible sound quality with augmented reality capabilities.
Work with us
- At Camaloon, we are looking for a Junior Industrial Engineer Sales Development Representative for the Dutch market.
- At Quipu, we are looking for an accountant and tax advisor willing to change the way to manage companies.
- At Factorial, we are looking for a Plain Old Good Dveloper. Someone who can abstract problems and find solutions across the whole stack.
Find out about more vacancies at itnig.net/jobs.